And So It Begins



I finally was able to watch the fantastic movie that is Julie & Julia over the past weekend.
And I was inspired.

To quote the Julia Child we have all come to know, "I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate." And although I'm not 32, and have been cooking much of my life, I certainly do love to eat. In fact, much like Julia, my love of eating is why I began cooking.

Now, I have a confession to make; I have actually never cooked from her infamous cookbook, Mastering the Art of French Cooking. So it's a little sad to say that my initial love for the art was never inspired by her, but like I said, watching Julie Powell's struggles to complete 524 recipes in 365 days and Julia Child become inspired by France and it's cooking has inspired me.

Now, to start right out, I am NOT going to take on Julie Powell's challenge. I definitely want to try and take on Mrs. Child's hefty cookbook, but I'd feel like I was copying her if I did. ...Not to mention the fact that if I tried, I know I'd fail because I'm lazy. >.>;;

But on to the point! This is MY blog, so it will be little bit of this, and a little bit of that. I'm lazy and inconsistent, but I will try to post at least once a week. Or at least twice a month. We'll see how that goes. :) As  you might tell, though, I'm going to go for a little cooking slant with my blog. I don't know how often, but I am going to intersperse my posts with my forays into the cooking world. I've got a little experience under my belt, but I'm finally reaching out to diversify my tastes --and I'm takin' y'all along for the ride!

0 comments:

Post a Comment